Due to the type of contract, preference will be given to candidates with a Military and /or police background (domestic/international) and we will also positively consider those who have a good command of either the Polish or Romanian language.
Rate: £11.05 per hour – Edgware and surrounding areas
Permanent roles, various shifts.
Two officers on duty Monday – Friday
One officer on a Saturday
Officer 1 Mon – Thur 0730 – 1700. Fri 0730 -1330.
Officer 2 Mon –Thur 0830 -1530 Fri 0830 -1330.
Then alternate Saturdays (one officer per shift) 0900-13:00
During the summer months, the Friday shift is until 14:30
Nationwide Security is an SIA approved contractor, providing security services on behalf of private and public sector sites across the country.
We are currently recruiting for SIA Licensed Security Officers in Edgware and the surrounding areas, to be based within a community hub that provide services to the local community.
We are seeking intuitive Security Officers who take a proactive approach to maintaining a safe and secure environment, with consistent awareness of potential risks and threats.
- To provide a visible uniformed deterrent, to contribute to the safety and security of the premises, on behalf of the staff, visitors and pupils.
- To provide support to the staff and wider community.
- Ensuring no one enters the site that shouldn’t be there.
- Carrying out regular patrols.
- To conduct yourself at all times in a manner that will bring credit to yourself and the Company, ensuring that full Nationwide Security uniform is worn and your SIA licence is clearly displayed
- Current SIA licence
- Previous experience of working in a school/college or other educational facility
- Previous experience of working in the Faith Community Sector is an advantage
- Confident nature and pro-active
- Friendly, professional and well spoken
- All applicants must be available and legally entitled to work between 40-48 hours per week.
The benefits include:
- Paid Holiday
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Paid fortnightly
- Shifts available days/nights/weekends
- Full Induction Package
- Ongoing support and training
If you have the skills and experience we are seeking we would love to hear from you as we are looking to appoint very quickly. So please send your CV with full contact details using the email link provided.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.05 per hour
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edgware, Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please supply your home location and postcode.
- security: 3 years (preferred)
- working within a Christian based environment: 3 years (preferred)
- police or military background: 3 years (preferred)
- Romanian or Polish (preferred)
- SIA (required)